To install GlassMate multiuser server:
- Close any unnecessary applications.
- Insert the GlassMate CD into the CD-ROM drive. If the installation program does not start automatically, do one of the following:
From the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
Read the Software License Agreement. Click Yes.
Select Multiuser Windows Server.
A dialog box appears prompting you to call Customer Service at (800) 551-4012, (option1) to obtain a multiuser authorization code. Enter this code in the text field, and click Next.
Confirm the location of your GLassMate installation, accepting the default location if possible. Click Next.
If you do not plan to use the server as a workstation, clear the GlassMate Program check box. Overall system performance may be improved if the application is not installed on the server. Then, click Next.
When prompted to select the Database Server Instance, do one of the following:
- On the task bar, click the Start button, and click Run. In the text box, type: X:\setup.exe, where X is the drive name of your CD-ROM drive.
- On your desktop, double-click My Computer, then double-click the CD-ROM drive that contains the GM_550 Cd.
Set the starting sequence number for invoices and quotes in the appropriate fields. Click Next.
- It is recommended that you select the Existing SQL Server Instance option, which is named GM4 (or GM5) by default. (To change the name of the server instance, enter a different name in the Server Name field.) Then, click Next.
Verify the current settings. Click Next. This process may take several minutes.
When prompted, click Yes to view the ReadMe file.
When the Setup Complete dialog box appears, note the location of the workstation setup file on the line below. (You need to know this file location to install GlassMate on you workstations.)
if prompted, restart your computer.
Click Finish to complete the setup process. Follow the next procedure to install GlassMate on your workstations.
- Note: If you are using an existing SQL instance, the numbering sequence will continue from that database.
To install GlassMate on a client workstation:
- From the workstation where you want to install GlassMate, navigate to the location noted in step 13 of the provious procedure. Then, run Setup.exe.
- From the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- Confirm the location of your GLassMate installation, accepting the default location if possible. Click Next.
- Optional: If you want to be able to take this workstation off the network and continue to use GlassMate, select the check box for Remote Workstation Capability.
- Note: This feature requires approximately 300 MB of additional disk space over the standard workstation installation and is recommended primarily for laptop or notebook computers.
- Verify the current settings. Click Next. This process may take several minutes.
- Click Finish. Repeat this procedure for each workstation. Then continue with the following instructions to active GlassMate.
To activate GlassMate:
Note: This procedure needs to be completed on one workstation only. The activation is automatically applied to the entire multiuser installations. After activation is complete, all workstations will become available.
- On your desktop, double-click the GlassMate icon.
- Call (800) 551-4012, and select the Customer Service option. When requested, provide the serial number on the GlassMate Activation dialog box to the Customer Service Representative.
- The Customer Service Representative will provide an activation key. Enter this code in the Activation Key field.
- Click Apply.
- Varify that the installation options indicated are correct. Click Done.
- GlassMate is now installed and activated.
- Set the starting sequence number for invoices and quotes in the appropriate fields. Click Next.